So we all know where this is going, right? Right.
Anyway, I’m just biding my time. I’ve been fairly insufferable lately, due in no small part to the UNGODLY HEAT WAVE that hit
Although the heat wave has thankfully passed, I’m still admittedly cranky and generally unreasonable. I get annoyed when people don’t get up for me on the subway, I openly cried when J told me he didn’t see this (totally trivial) email I’d sent him, and I constantly have to resist the urge to punch in the neck each and every person who jovially asks me, “Oh, you haven’t given birth yet?”
But no one wants to hear a whiny pregnant lady…whine, so despite the fact that I’d love to whine, and tell you about how I gashed my leg with AN ARTICHOKE of all things, my naked jealousy of both Tori Spelling and Jessica Alba (who have both given birth already), or the mystery of my increasingly mullet-like hair, I’m not going to.
(Okay, well I’ll at least SHOW you the mullet hair:)
No, instead I’m going to try to be positive, and cheery, and mention a few little things that I’m loving lately. Perhaps that will help me snap out of my crap-ass mood.
1. OLD NAVY. I’ve long been a proponent of their stuff, but they’ve really been impressing me lately. And I say that despite the fact that a sandal I purchased there broke off my foot in the middle of the street. (They’re giving me a refund.) The standout among my (many) purchases of late is this skirt, which is bound to be a summer staple.
I know it doesn’t look like much, but it’s incredibly light, soft, flattering, and CHEAP. I got it in every color. The foldover panel means I can wear it now (which I’ve been doing nonstop) and afterwards. Huzzah!
2. YOU GUYS. Thank you so much for your suggestions for my hospital bag…I thought my list was complete, but there were a few things you mentioned that made me extremely grateful I’d thrown the question of what to pack out there. I’m resisting the urge to post the whole list, but believe me when I tell you that it is one crazily comprehensive document. (Although if any pregnant chicas out there want a copy, email
3. SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE-So many of my fellow bloggers are to thank (or blame?) for introducing me to this show. I’m totally addicted, and have a few early favorites already (Twitch,
4. THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH- Yes, this book is massive, but it will also suck you in. J and I are sort of reading it at the same time, and keep stealing it from each other and feigning ignorance as to its whereabouts. Or maybe that's just me.
5. NEW LIP GLOSS- I know! So totally out of character that a lip gloss of all things would be rocking my world! How unexpected!
Bearca had recommended Nars lip gloss in Supervixen to me a while back. The name alone is awesome, and totally sounds like something I imagine Wonder Woman would wear. (Apropos of which, please remind me at some point in the future to post a picture of me, age 3, wearing my complete Wonder Woman getup.) The best way I can describe the shade is a conglomeration of pinky/mauvey shimmery golden taupeishness. And yes, I am totally considering a side career in lip gloss description writing. Supervixen looks sort of muddy in the tube, but once you put it on? OHMAHGAHHHH. SO very pretty, and a perfect neutral summer shade.
Here’s the color swatch from Sephora, which describes it as a “shimmering nude beige.”
Whatever, Sephora. I like my explanation better.
Let’s keep the positive mood going, people! What little things are rocking your world lately? Do tell.