1. Happy New Year to my fellow Jewish friends!
2. I hadn’t really verbalized this here, but I was starting to get the eensiest bit worried about the fact that Lo didn’t really seem interested in the whole walking thing. I mean, she was cruising, and she was getting the CONCEPT of walking, kind of, but her idea of getting it was “one step, two step, fling self bodily towards parent.” We'd decided that if she really wasn’t progressing by 15 months, I’d call the pediatrician and try to pass it off like I was casually speaking, all breezy-like, when in fact I was reading from a prepared page wherein I'd outlined my concerns, and as such, we would then undoubtedly have a super-stilted conversation where I would say things like “I am well, thank you for inquiring.” (Am I the only person that WRITES SCRIPTS for Difficult Conversations?) Well. As luck would have it, she took a whole mess of steps yesterday (15 months old TO THE DAY, wouldn’t you know). Every time she did, we’d lavish praise upon her, to the point that when we didn’t leap around shrieking “YAYYYYY!” and clapping, she would give us this quizzical look, all “Are you not recalling what comes next?” Clearly, this is an excellent precedent to have set.
3. It’s my birthday on Saturday. And I tell you, HONESTLY, that I completely forgot until J brought it up this morning. Isn’t that sad?
4. Regarding my last post, I did, in fact get to meet someone from Mad Men; specifically, January Jones. I know. I KNOW. I’m writing a whole post about that (as well as some of the other people I spoke to and events I attended at Fashion Week) for BlogHer, and I’ll post a link once that’s up. Also? While I’m on the subject of future posts, I have an “Ask a Jew” post I’ve been working on FOREVER, which will be posted soon. (I haven’t forgotten!)
5. So, it was a resounding “YES” on the release of my workout playlist, then. It's an ever-evolving, work in progress, so feel free to add your favorites! Wait--scratch that; PLEASE add your favorites!
Britney- Toxic, Womanizer, Circus, Radar
A.R. Rahman - Jai Ho (the Slumdog Millionaire song)
Bloc Party- Banquet
Eye of the Tiger - Survivor
Hazy Shade of Winter- Bangles
Hung Up - Madonna
I Fell in Love with the DJ - Che'Nelle
Right Round - T-Pain
Thriller/Beat It/Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson
Hot Like Wow - Nadia Oh
So What - Pink
Mercy - Duffy
Next Episode - Snoop
Ooh La La- Goldfrapp
LoveGame/Just Dance - Lady Gaga
Party Up (Up in Here) - DMX
Sour Cherry- Midnight Boom
Stronger- Kanye West
Pump It – Black Eyed Peas
Very Loud- Shout Out Louds
A-Punk / Walcott- Vampire Weekend
Wake Up -Arcade Fire
Hoedown Throwdown - Miley Cyrus (Shut up, shut up, SHUT UP.)
Work It- Missy Elliot
Bang Bang - K’naan (Feat. Adam Leviiiiiiiine...I have to say his name like Maya Rudolph on SNL. It’s a compulsion.) (Thanks for the suggestion, Casey!)