1. J and I leave for a brief trip to St. Lucia on Thursday. Do you know what I've done in preparation for said trip? Gotten a pedicure. Because although my list -- my GLORIOUS list! -- of stuff to do before we go is a thing of beauty, truly, I haven't had time to pack, or properly organize myself. And I know, call the wahmbulance, but I am petrified about forgetting something, so instead of facing that problem head-on, I...got the pedicure. Rational!
2. The pedicure was this color.
3. I was pretty sure my pedicure lady was talking about me to the adjacent pedicure lady, which, you know, par for the course, and all that. However! PRO TIP: I have determined that googling how to say "I understand you" in Korean ("ah deh suh yo"), and very quietly muttering it to yourself will aid you in ascertaining whether or not your pedicure lady is in fact talking about you. The giveaway is the stricken look. (Assuming, of course, that she is Korean.) (Note: she was.) (What the hell was she saying about me?) Thank you, Google!
4. I have a recipe for EASY, quick sesame noodles up at Aiming Low today. They are life-changing! Be advised however...
5...That to get to it, you'll have to endure photos of my "ugly ass thumb." (Thank you, commenter Bob Ross!)
6. It's Lo's birthday next Sunday; because of our trip, we held her party this weekend with our families. I WILL spare you yet another unending family post; however, I do need you to see this here cake...
...and the birthday girl in her crown:
UPDATE: A bunch of people have asked about the nail polish shade; it's OPI On Collins Avenue!