1. The previews for The Town.
2. Specifically, the ghoul-faced nuns.
2. Okay, SOLELY the ghoul-faced nuns. I really do want to see the movie, but for the ghoul-faced nuns. Whither the nuns, Affleck?
3. The fact that I need to walk through a tunnel in Grand Central Terminal early each morning while basically half-asleep, and every day -- EVERY DAY -- I completely forget that the ghoul faced-nuns are there, on my left, and then I get startled. And since I'm so tired I'm essentially in REM sleep while I'm walking by, it's that much more frightening. OH ALSO A SECOND POSTER APPEARS 10 FEET LATER ON THE OTHER SIDE.
4. La la la la laaaaaa OH GOOD LORD WHYYYYYYY.
OH NOOOOO, THE SECOND ONE, NOOOOO.
5. EVERY DAY, PEOPLE.
6. I mean, surely there are OTHER aspects of the film to showcase, amirite?
7. The fact that a few weeks ago, J showed me a new zip-up jacket thing he got for football season, and asked me if I liked it, and I replied, "Was it hard for you emotionally when you knocked on Will's door, and it turned out he was gone, because he had to go see about a girl?" And I was SO PROUD of my clever joke (because the jacket looked like something Ben Affleck's Good Will Hunting character, Chuckie, would wear, you see), and then I had to EXPLAIN my reference, and yes, said reference is about 13 years too late, but it was AWESOME, and you would understand, had you seen the jacket thing.
8. Okay, that's not really Ben Affleck's fault, per se, but he's involved, so here that shall stay.
9. And while we're at it: I will continue to be creeped out by the animal cracker scene in Armageddon for the rest of my days.
10. THIS, less than a block away from my office, spotted earlier today. STOP THE MADNESS, AFFLECK.